I have to say I was incredibly confused when this came in my mail box.
I signed up for Beauteque’s Mask Maven on April 3rd. I expected to get my first mask bag towards the end of the month- I heard that’s when they ship if you sign up in the beginning of the month, and that’s why I subbed when I did. I hadn’t gotten any shipment information from them, either, so I didn’t know to expect it… and, speaking of, this came on April 7th? That’s 4 days. FOUR. With one being a Sunday- a non-business day. So this order was processed, shipped, and received within 3 business days. When I opened it up, I became even more confused. It wasn’t 9-11 masks! Instead, there are 3 sheet masks, a full-size tube of peeling gel, plus two strange tools. And while the bag is super cute, it isn’t the pink mesh of the Mask Maven sub. I was so confused by this point that I checked my email for any shipping info, checked the website to see what came in the Mask Maven and BB Bag, checked all of my cards with my checking account to see if I authorized any other purchase, and when all else failed: I checked my receipt.
Whoops. Turns out that I completely forgot that I used a coupon code- “CITYSET” to get this free bag of goodies with my new 3-month sub.
It is so cute!! Plus, the turn around time was so short. I have to look at the website to really understand the products, but I am so happy to have received this today. So, let’s at least talk about the products a bit, yeah?
- Scinic My Juicy Bottle Mask: Firming Ampoule Juice. This is a sheet mask with collagen and tomato (advertised on the front) plus pomegranate extract (on the back). I can’t really read anything else, for obvious reasons, but I don’t need instructions on how to use a sheet mask 🙂 1 sheet. Value: $1.99
- Secret Key Lemon D-Toc Peeling Gel. I always find it a bit strange when the front of a package is in English, and in the back, it’s entirely another language. I see “90 ppm” and “100ppm” on the back, which speaks to my science side, but what is 90 parts per million?? It looks like this gel has an extract from lemon leaves. Full size!! Value: $15.00
- Botanic Farm Green Tea Natural Energy Mask Sheet. Another Korean sheet mask- green tea contains “catechins” which in this case, refers to EGCg, a powerful antioxidant. Unfrotunately, this exact item isn’t on the Beateque shop, but the similar sheet masks (just different “types”) are up, and I can’t imagine it being much different. 1 sheet. Value: $2.20
- Skinfood Strawberry Beauty in a Food Mask. “Contains strawberry extract!” That’s good to know, but on the website, the main ingredient is actually raspberry extract?I love both raspberries and strawberries, so I’m extra excited for this mask Main purpose is just for moisturizing, which is exactly what my skin needs! 1 sheet. Value: $1.99
- Beauteque Pore Control Blackhead Brush. Okay, this is one of those “what am I supposed to do with this?” items. I thought it was a makeup brush, or maybe a brush to apply masks (although it seemed odd- usually fan brushes are used for that). Nope! It’s a brush to help you cleanse! I don’t usually get a lot of blackheads, but I do get some sebum in my pores on my nose, so I’m curious now to use this with a few cleansers on my nose. Value: $8.99
- Some kind of manually retracting brush? I actually have no idea what this is, but I did figure out how it works… Here’s a lovely gif of me “opening up” the brush. I think this is a great idea for travel brushes, honestly, but again… I can’t decide what it’s “supposed” to be!
Overall, I’m really impressed with this free gift, even if I don’t understand the silvery brush. I’m so excited to see what’ll come in my mask bag towards the end of the month 😦