Target’s beauty box is NOT a subscription. Around the first of the month (or, around the first Monday of the month), right at midnight PST, Target usually puts a beauty box for sale. It’s anywhere from $5 to $10, usually about $7, and typically sells out within 12 hours (sometimes within 9 or less). This is the first box I was able to get, and it was $7 shipped to my door.
So, what’s in the box?
- Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation in 20 Classic Ivory. Given that they’ve sent out deluxe samples of foundation before, I’m a little underwhelmed. Classic Ivory is also the name of Fit Me 120, which is darker than anything that’s worked from me from Maybelline… you see my trepidation here. But, I’ll probably still use this to test out the foundation’s formula. Foil sample. Retail Value: $0.30
- Pantene AIRspray Hair Spray. This is a deluxe-sample size of an alcohol-free hair spray. I don’t actually use hairspray. I don’t have any, actually, sand sometimes I think I’d like to try hairspray, and hairpsray “tricks” for flyaway. While I could be upset that I got a product I “never use,” I’m actually happy about getting this. 1 oz. Retail Value: $0.71
- Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport SPF30. As the weather gets warm and I might actually get out of the house, this is a handy 2oz size for traveling. Broad spectrum UVA/UVB, but all chemical sunscreens. Smells pretty good, too. Retail Value: $2
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. These claim to be for sensitive skin, which is definitely very nice for me as almost all wipes leave my skin splotchy and gross. I’m excited to try these. They give you 7- a week’s worth if you use them at night to remove makeup. Retail Value: $1.26
- Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Tantalizing Titillater. This is a full size lipstick! It’s a very pretty magenta color. On me, it looks almost purple…. until you compare it to my actual purple hair. I like the lipstick very much! Retail value: $5.99
- Laneige Water Bank Soothing Gel Mask. Pretty sure this is just a sheet mask, but I’m unsure what the “gel” means. It’s a nice, higher-end drugstore brand. Another sample I’m excited about! Retail Value: $4.80
- Marlowe No. 022 Body Butter. This looks like it’s just a squeezy tube of cream, nothing too special about it. It does have shea butter in it, and I’m trying to minimize additional exposure (I have a kiwi and latex allergy, and sometimes I notice slight problems with shea), so I probably won’t use it. Retail Value: $1.25
- CeraVe Healing Ointment. Oh look, it’s the exact same thing that was in the Spring Walmart box. Put of everything, I’m least excited about this. It’s essentially pointless. Based off of the “trial size” 10gram tube, this sample seems to be worth a bit, but it’s… essentially nothing. Retail value: $1, optimistically.
- Coupons: $3 off any $15 purchase at Target; $1 off any 2 Pantene hair products, and $2 off any 1 Maybelline product.
Total value: $23.30 with coupons; $17.30 without. This is a bit disappointing given what I’ve heard about the box, but I can’t complain, especially as with the amount of products I’d use or purchase myself, and with the coupons for products I’d buy anyway, it’s worth it to me.