My first Walgreens order came today! I took advantage of the 20% off beauty and personal care code online only (20MAMA, good through tomorrow!). I was pretty irritated because my mail carrier tried to put it in my mail locker, and while it for from the back side where they put mail in, I had to literally cut the box up in the mailbox to get it out… I think they did this because both parcel lockers were used (and have been for two days- really inconsiderate, neighbors).
Ignore the top streaks of lip colors- those are from the Infallible liquid lipsticks from days ago (they LAST). Natural light vs flash, and I included others in my collection to get a better idea on color. Swatches that are horizontal, from top to bottom:
- CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous in 805 Ivory
- Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect in Ivory
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish in Light Ivory
- Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse in Porcelain Ivory
- Urban Decay Naked Skin in 0.5
- L’oreal True Match Super Blendable in N1
- Mac Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof in NW15.
I also included two side swatches: on the left side is the L’oreal True Match (N1) and on the right is Missha Perfect Cover (#13). These are two of my best matches- I didn’t include my Josie Maran because I didn’t want to waste any, especially because they are out of stock online st Sephora. I will have to get a swatch of the Revlon Ivory next to the ColorStay Whipped in Ivory, because this one looks unbearably too dark. The CoverGirl Ivory might actually work on me, though.
Now, onto the lippies!! Lighting is poor/low warm artificial light vs flash.
In order, top to bottom, we have:
- Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in 115 Whimsical. I have this one in a very light pink, but I think this one works better on me. Their smell reminds me of butter mints my mom used to make (those dessert mints that look like little pillows and melt in your mouth)
- Rimmel Provacalips in 430 Wish Upon a Berry. This is supposed to be Rimmel’s take on the Infallible Pro-Last. I have a hard time describing this color. I like it. It looks like it goes on a bit glossier, and the “lock & shine” step is more glossy with a doe-foot applicator (L’Oreal and CG use a balm stick). I’m interested in seeing how this performs.
- CoverGirl Moisture Renew Lipstick in 730 Nude and the City. I don’t remember buying this (I thought I got a second Rimmel London, tbh). I’m not thrilled with the color of this one right now- I just don’t think it’ll work well with my undertones. Oh well.
- CoverGirl OutLast All-Day Lip Color in 545 Naturalast. I don’t remember choosing this color, either, but *shrug.* Most colors pull more pink on me, but this just looks pretty brown. We’ll see. I don’t like that the color part comes in one tube and the “step two” (lock/shine) is in a separate tube. If you could buy just the liquid lipstick part, or just the step two, it’d make more sense, but it really doesn’t work well for me.
I’m unsure exactly what to do here. I think I am going to want to get rid of that Revlon stuff- it looks far too dark- but I feel so bad for Walgreens and all the returns I’ve made through them as is. I think I like those first two lip colors, but I’m not sure if I even want to try out Nude and the City or what.
And just a reminder- today and tomorrow are the last days to get 20% off your beauty purchases at Walgreens.com using the code “20MAMA.”