I know I’ve been away. This weekend was full of “stuff” for my little sister- she had a math competition (her team got second place and she got second place individually too!) and a dance recital. I usually like to queue up some posts when I go visit family, but I couldn’t this time. To cut a long story much shorter, a program I had on my laptop had a security breach which made Boyfriend very, very worried. All my passwords had to be changed (again- I did a password overhaul a couple months ago when my Sephora account was broke into). That wasn’t enough though- Boyfriend wanted my laptop disconnected from the Internet entirely, and then he had to reinstall my operating system.
Yeah, it was crazy.
While I was gone, I had a lot of my purchases come, including way too much from ULTA. I placed, no lie, three orders recently. I’m honestly ashamed to admit it! Plus, I got a Macy’s Sun Kit thing as well. Because I have SO MUCH, I’m going to separate this a bit- this haul will just be what came for me last Friday: one ULTA order and the Macy’s order.
Macy’s: Sun Essential’s Set
This set/kit was $14.99 from Macy’s during Memorial Day weekend. It is still in stock for $19.99. The kit is supposed to all contain the same items, although some people have been having some problems with it (including me). My set came with:
- TanTowel Half Body Classic Towelette – Full Size
- Tarte Tarteguard 30 Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion, Deluxe Sample 7mL/0.23 fl. Oz
- Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion – Travel Size
- Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 Cream, 0.5oz Deluxe Sample
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 50+ WetForce, 15ml Deluxe Sample
- Origins Smarty Plants CC SPF 20 Skin complexion corrector 0.17 fl. oz./5 ml
- Mini Tweezerman Tweezers – Assorted Colors
- DKNY Be Delicious Deluxe Mini 0.23 fl. oz./7ml
- Cosmetics case (it’s really cute, btw!)
I am missing the Clarin’s Non-Tinted Sunscreen that is supposed to come with this set, and I am going to contact Macy’s about it.
ULTA: Huge Order + GWP! Including the 11-Piece “Beauty Break” Lip Sampler!
You can see everything I got in this picture, but it’s a little bit difficult. The items I bought/paid for are to the right hand side of the picture; my GWPs and freebies are off to the left (more or less). What I ordered:
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Creme Eyeshadow in “Taugh as Taupe”
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair
- Revlon Illuminace Cream Shadows (the three four-color palettes):
- Moonlight Jewels
- Black Magic
- Wild Orchids
- Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter
- NYX Pro Foundation Mixer in Opalescence
I did get swatches of these, minus the cream shadows palettes from Revlon. I’ll do those later- I didn’t want to open them yet as cream shadows have a much shorter shelf life than powder shadows.
It’s a bit hard to see some of these, but from top to bottom, we have the NYX Pro Foundation Mixer in Opalesence, Benefit’s Girl Meets Pearl, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair, and Maybelline Color Tattoo Tough as Taupe. All were swatched with my finger or the applicator it came with 🙂
Now, my GWPs:
- Benefit Benetint Rose Cheek + Lip Stain
- Butter London Plush Rush in Flirt
- Revlon Lipstick Samplers (small packets I can open and do a single swatch- I like this idea a lot, actually). I didn’t swatch these.
- Revlon “love” cosmetics bag- it’s a bit small, but it’s decent quality!
I did swatch the two lip products- they’ll be with the rest of the lip products, which are coming up
ULTA’s 11-Piece Lip Sampler.
Flat lays are the best, definitely. I probably won’t use all of these, as some of them contain shea, but it’s still a great kit! Overall, this came out to be over $82 in value. This sampler kit contains:
- L’oreal Infallible Pro Matte Aphrodite Kiss. Full size, $9.99
- Buxom Polish Dolly. Deluxe sample, $6.74
- ULTA Shiny Sheer Pink. Full size, $9
- Almay Butter Kiss 50 Berry (light/medium). Full Size, $6.99
- bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick Get Ready. Deluxe Sample, $7.50
- NYX Soft Matte 11 Milan. Full size, $5.99
- Maybelline Vivid Matte Berry Boost. Full Size, $7.99
- Too Faced Melted Chihuahua. Deluxe sample, $8.40
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte 600 Devotion. Full size, $8.99
- Shea Moisture Lip Crayon Sarah. Full Size, $9.99
- Japonesque Pro Performance Lip Wipe. 1 wipe, $0.70
And finally, swatches of all the lip products!
From top to bottom:
- Benefit Benetint Rosy Cheek + Lip Stain
- Butter London Plush Rush Flirt
- L’oreal Infallible Pro Matte Aphrodite Kiss
- Buxom Polish Dolly
- ULTA Shiny Sheer Pink
- Almay Butter Kiss 50 berry light/medium
- bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Get Ready
- NYX Soft Matte 11 Milan
- Maybelline Vivid Matte Berry Boost
- Too Faced Melted Chihuahua R
- evlon Ultra HD Matte 600 Devotion
- Shea Moisture Lip Crayon Sarah
Well, that was a LOT… “Mad Haul” for sure.