Julep’s theme for this month is “Midsummer Light,” and perhaps its my love for Shakespeare, but the colors on the little info pamphlet really do remind me of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. I think it may have something to do with the brights and shimmers- they are very reminiscent of my childhood fairy fantasies.
This month I chose to completely customize my box AND do some add-ons, so I ended up with quite a bit!
In the box, I chose:
- Skip the Brush in Sheer Glow. $19.20 Maven Value
- Eyeshadow Brush. $14.40 Maven Value.
- Shader Brush. $14.40 Maven Value
I’ve been curious about their brushes, so I decided to grab two of them when I saw that I could. The Sheer Glow looked like it would be a great highlighter for me. On the spoilers, I thought it looked a bit purple… nope, it is quite gold! I can’t complain too much, though.
For my add-ons:
- Charcoal Konjac Sponge. I have one charcoal one currently + a green tea, but I’ve been using them for 2-3 months now and they are starting to tear. I wanted to replace my charcoal one as I’ve had it the longest. $9.60 Maven Value.
- White chevron decals. I’ve never used nail decals before but thought these would be easy to use, plus they were one of the cheaper add-ons to reach three and get another bonus gift! Not in stock; $6 Maven Value.
- Polish in Twiggy. That’s the darker polish. The lighting in here isn’t the greatest; it’s more of a mauve. $11.20 Maven Value.
- Bonus gift: Polish in Saaya. This is a fairly orange shimmery color; they describe it as a “golden apricot” and I see that definitely. While I’m unsure how it’d look on me, I think it’d look beautiful on a warmer, dark-complected person- and if I knew anybody that fit that bill, I’d gift it to them. $11.20 Maven Value.
Overall, this is pretty good. I paid about $35 for all of this- $19.99 for the box plus about $15 for my add-ons. Overall, I received a Maven Value (20% off their regular price, offered to all Mavens) of $86. $48 of that is in the box itself and $38 is from the add-ons. Because you do get to totally customize your box and choose add-ons, I don’t usually talk about value to me, as the value to me is known when I order. However, I did do a quick one because I didn’t know exactly what to expect for some of the items. The decals were worth maybe $1 to me, polishes are worth usually about $5 to me, and I typically put brushes at $5 a piece when I haven’t tried them out. Even with low-balling most items, by $35 box was worth about $40 to me! Because of this I don’t have huge expectations for the brushes, but I am quite excited to try them anyway.