My (almost) final installation of my Mad Hauls: two more ULTA orders! I say almost because I’m still waiting on one order I placed from bareMinerals to get in (it’s having some troubles).
The first ULTA order in this haul is one I pulled the trigger on because of a mystery sampler set and a couple other GWPs:
- DevaCurl Waves Ahead Low-Poo Delight: free with $10 purchase, will probably use.
- Butter London Plus Rush in Flirt: yes, again! It was free, I was placing another order, so why not get a second? I will probably give this one away.
- Buxom Lip Polish in Dolly: this was a gift with a Buxom purchase. It’s slightly bigger than the one that came in my 11-Piece Lip Sampler, and I will probably give this one away or sell it.
- “Six Piece” Mystery Sampler: In quotes because I only got 5 pieces?! Time to contact Ulta CS!
- Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser (really excited for this one!)
- Skin&Co Umbrian Truffle Hand Cream (contains shea, so will be giving away)
- Ahava Dead Sea Crystal Osmoter
- Lancome La Base Primer
- Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum
I actually purchased:
- NYX HD Concealer in Porcelain (left top swatch)
- NYX High Voltage Lipstick in Sweet 16 (left middle swatch) and Dahlia left bottom swatch
- Buxom Custom Eyeshadow Palette, swatched in this order top to bottom:
- Diamond Darling
- Hot or Yacht
- Room Service (hard to see, but this is a light shimmery green)
- Backstage Pass
My last order wasn’t anything huge- just the Pro 3 (and other items to get free shipping):
- Lorac Pro 3: in person, it’s less exciting and looks full of more neutrals than the rosier look from spoilers. Lots of similar colors that I’m unsure how they will show up (will they look any different?). But, I love my Lorac formulas. I will do a separate swatch post for this guy!
- Palladio Herbal Crayons (eyeshadow sticks). These kind of disappointed me- I got them because while I’ve heard some good things about NYX Milk as a base for shadows, I’ve also heard it creases, so I thought I’d try the Palladio brand. Only issue? Like the Maybelline Too Cool Color Tattoo.. they sparkle. And the pigment isn’t great.
- Moonstone (top swatch). This is like a beige shimmer, quite light. I had to swipe this on 3-4 times to get any real color to show up other than just looking slightly “off.” It’s similar to my skin tone but perhaps more yellowy? I’m unsure 100%- it doesn’t fit exactly, but it’s not BAD per se.
- Icicle (bottom swatch). A white shimmer, except I had to swipe 3-4 times, like with moonstone, to get this opacity. It’s slightly less glittery than the Maybelline Too Cool, but it’s still… not what I wanted. Gr.
I think I’m done ordering from Ulta for a while, yes? 😛 And definitely done with eyeshadows… I’ve been doing my inventory lately, and I’m realizing just how much I have and how long things last. I think I don’t need eyeshadows now for… 20 years? Yeah. 20 years 🙂