If you didn’t know already, Amazon has been offering sample boxes (of various kinds) to Prime account holders. Each account can get one of each box. They cost anywhere from $5 to $20, but they each come with a “credit” for specific types of purchases equal to the box cost- so you can buy the full-size of something you love for a discounted price. They come and go, too- not all are always in stock. I already have gotten a few of these boxes, but my Women’s Makeup and Hair Care box came today! It is $9.99 (and you get a $9.99 credit to use on select makeup and hair care purchases), and you can find it here. You can view all sample boxes here.
When I got the notification from Amazon on my phone that my box was delivered, I was surprised! It was raining very, very heavily and I hadn’t heard a knock or the doorbell. I went to my front door, which is in a foyer so it stays dry, and nothing! They had left it out in the pouring rain by my back door… in the dirt. Ugh.
- L’oreal Brow Stylist Sculptor in 360 Brunette. I don’t use a lot of brow products, and this looks a little bit rich/chocolatey for my hair (which is more of a dark taupe). Full-size, though! RV: $7 on Amazon (cheapest I’ve seen it)
- L’oreal Voluminous Original Mascara in 305 Black. Like the one that came in that Allure box. Literally the exact same thing. Ah well, with how often I get eye infections, more mascara is nice, and it’s full-size! RV: $5.99 at most drugstores.
- Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner. 10ml foil packets each. I’m gonna take the time to say that this size foil packet irritates me. I use less than 10ml of shampoo, but you can’t reseal foil packets. You also can’t really put these in sample jars. It’s just inconvenient. RV: $1.69 for both (based on $19.99/8oz)
- L’oreal Lumi Cushion in W3. It’s the same thing that came in June’s Target Beauty Box. RV: $1.85
- Black 15 in 1 Miracle Hair Treatment. This is one I’m really excited to try! It comes in a spray bottle and is supposed to be used on clean, towel-dry hair or dry hair in between shampoos. It’s a good sized spray at 1 fl oz. RV: $3.99, based on the official website here.
- Garnier Whole Blends Honey Treasures Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner. 50ml each, these travel-sized bottles are much preferred to the foil packet sample. They do contain sulfates but are paraben free. I’m unsure if I’ll use them or not. Based off of $3.99 for 12.5 oz at Walgreen, RV: $1.08
- Mineral Fusion Lengthening Mascara in Graphite. Small, deluxe sample (0.06oz). They’re a “natural” brand and I’ve actually used some of their products before. RV $1.33 based off of Amazon’z price of $12.69 for full size or $1.57 based off of MSRP of $14.99.
No, this isn’t a “great value” in and of itself. It’s about $23 total value, possibly less depending upon where you get full-size prices, and you may not really want everything in the box… But, with that $9.99 credit, you can get my absolute favorite lip color, L’oreal Infallible Pro-Last Two Step… which DOES make this a good deal for me! Yeah, I know what I’ll be getting with my credit 🙂