I told you all I’d make a banner someday- and today, apparently, is someday! I know it looks pretty valentines-themed, but I am going off of what I am mostly thankful for today.
- I am thankful for support system. I had a hard few days at the beginning of the week, and they helped pull me out of it.
- I am thankful my heart is healthy enough to support me through physical activity. Spinning is one of my favorite things to do, and I’m very grateful that I have the health to spend 2 hours on the bike.
- I am thankful for love songs. As a whole, love songs always make me feel better. I can’t say that about any other type of music.
- I am thankful for the amount of love that exists in the world. In light of the recent tragedies, even though they don’t affect me personally, I am so happy that through all the evil and pain, there are still good people who seek to love others, no matter the cost. Thank you to the bouncer at the Orlando club who worked hard to save those he could. Thank you for reminding me that this world does not have to be all doom and gloom.
- I am thankful for the Ulta cashier who was kind as she helped me yesterday, despite being her day off. Having worked in retail, I understand how frustrating it is getting called in on your day off, a day you looked forward to. You don’t want to put on that smile and be courteous to everybody, but you were, and you let me return an item without hassle. Thank you for your patience. You didn’t have a name tag, but I am still grateful for you.
- I am thankful for date nights. Or, I suppose, in my case it’s usually date days. Having that special time carved out helps me feel valued.
- I am thankful for Barlean’s fish oil. I know this is a strange thing to be thankful for, but I need to take fish oil for my skin, mood, and general inflammation response. Barlean’s makes an “ultra high potency” fish oil that has very high levels of EPA and DHA (1500mg per serving) and tastes incredible. I know this is a complete luxury item, but I definitely am thankful for it.
- I am thankful for the nice older lady who comes by my apartment to talk about religion. Many people hate seeing missionaries at their doors, especially if they’re Jehovah’s Witness. When this lady first came to my door, I opened the door expecting a package. She’s been coming by every other week or so for a couple months now, and she has never once pushed her religion. She respects my choice of religion, and often or quick talks center around how life is going and how our respective religions compare. She is so sweet and kind that today when she showed up at my doorstep and I mentioned my hesitation with applying for a job, she told me she would look to see if she had any connections to help me out- and at the “very least” would pray for me to have the strength to make the phone calls I need to. Whether or not you’re religious, you can’t deny the kindness there. She is a truly good person.
- I am thankful for my Garmin Vivosmart HR. Yes, a material thing, but this has been a wonderful tool- not only does it give me text and call notifications (I am awful at checking my phone regularly), it gives me insight into my workouts and helps me live a healthier, more active lifestyle.
- And mostly, today I am thankful my boyfriend is finally making a decision about our future together. Last night, he told me that when our five-year anniversary comes around in November, he would like to talk to my parents about us getting engaged. This is still five months away (well, four and half!) but after spending 5 years together and him being unsure if he wants to get married, or what he wants in general for the future, I am beyond elated to learn that he has made a decision. I don’t need marriage now- I’m in no rush- but it is so nice to know and not have that anxiety around me. This is his choice as much as mine, and I chose to give him plenty of time to make up his mind without pressure, but it did come at a cost- an investment well worth the wait.