When my Beauty Box 5 box came this month, I was pretty excited. While it’s usually not some kind of incredible, it’s always bright and colorful (despite the muted banner- that’s just more visually appealing to me today) and brings that brightness to my day. It was a pretty gloomy, rainy day, so the box’s ‘pop of life’ was quite welcome.
I have to say, overall this was my least favorite curation and the overall lowest valued box for me personally. But that’s okay- for the 3-month sub, it’s $10 per box, and for $10, it’s not too shabby, especially with the brushes.
- Pur-Lisse Blue Lotus/White Tea Mask. This recently came out in an Ipsy bag, and I didn’t get it, which made me pretty sad. I’m really excited to try it out, but after seeing the value, I’m apalled! One single sheet retails at $8 which is ridiculous! In a pack of 6, one mask is worth $6- most of my sheet masks are under $4 and I get them usually for under $2. Because I can’t in my right mind justify calling a single-use product “full size,” I’m calling this a deluxe and basing value off of of the 6-pack. Deluxe sample. Retail value: $6.
- Prestige Cosmetics Brow/Lash Brush. The other day, I went to Target and Walmart trying to find one of these as I lost mine, and I couldn’t find one! I’m excited to see one of these in my box for that reason, but the value is pretty low. Full size. Retail value: 3.50
- Versaspa Face Moisturizing Tanner. This is the exact same thing that came in my BeautyCon box this summer, and I have to say I am so displeased! Last month, BB5 gave me a self-tanner lotion, and I knew tanners were inevitable in summer even though I was disappointed. I’m even more disappointed to get a second self-tanning product from the same box… in a row. Deluxe sample. Retail value: $4.38
- Manna Kadar Radiance Bronzer/Highlighter. In general, I have liked ever Manna Kadar product I’ve recieved, despite them not have a high “prestige brand” reputation. This looks like it might be too dark for me to use, but the highlighter shade looks like a nice golden blush, and I can definitely use this as eyeshadow.
I’m not sure about value as I can’t find this product on Manna Kadar’s website, but according to BB5, this is… Full size. Retail value: $24.
- Sweep Oval Contour/Highlighter Brush. I do really like brushes, and I’m excited to try this one out! It looks like those oval paddle brushes that are becoming a bit more popular, especially for Asian beauty products. The bristles on this guy feel incredibly soft, and I did dry-test it out on my face to see if it was irritating and found it to be rather pleasant. Yes, this brush didn’t itch my face at all! I believe Sweep is a new company, so I couldn’t find much info about them online, but on their home page, they do mention they are “debuting” in Beauty Box 5, so I do feel special to have their product first! Full size. Retail value: $15.
Overall, this month was okay. The overall retail value comes out to $52.88 (or nearly $55 if you do full-price for just one sheet mask). My personal value, however, was a little low at $14.50. Still a better value than what I paid, and I do appreciate the brushes especially.