So, funny story. I like my Walmart boxes alright- they’re $5, which is very cheap, and usually contain a good amount of product I will use up. That said, I’m working on decluttering my stash right now, with over 1100 products “in stock.” I realized my old credit card was probably on file for this beauty box, and I didn’t know how to update it anyway, so I just said “whatever” and let it go. Imagine my surprise when they billed my correct card and I got tracking info for this!
Inside the box, I got:
- Schwarzkopf Essence Color & Radiance Shampoo & Conditioner. Considering how I color my hair, I’m always looking for a good color-safe shampoo. These are the perfect size to take with me to my sister’s wedding (in a month!!).
- Incoco Nail Art Strips in “Fashion Statement.” These are as “fun” looking as some that I’ve seen come in other boxes, but I like that these are a nice sophisticated statement.
- Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Unscented Lotion. I need to get better at using lotion, and I really like having this. Value isn’t super high or anything, but it’s a sample I will use up.
- Burt’s Bees Lipstick in 501 Blush Basin.
So, I’ve been wanting to try out this lipstick for a while. I’ve seen it in other, non-Walmart boxes, so imagine my surprise when I got a $8.50 full-size lipstick! The actual product was a tiny bit smashed, but I really don’t think I can complain about it. It’s not the color I wanted most (undoubtedly it will pull towards warm), but it might end up looking nice on me anyway.
- Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Lotion in Medium. Possibly the only item I’m unhappy about- but can I be too angry? I’m fairly certain this will be far too dark for my legs, plus I don’t want to even bother with leg makeup. Not my thing.
- Arm & Hammer Clean & Fresh Toothpaste. My DS of another toothpaste is running dry, and while I do still plan to get to work using up my one full-size whitening toothpaste, this will be great for travel.
- Nivea In-Shower Cocoa Butter Body Lotion. A dreaded foil packet, but one I’m more than willing to use. Somehow I lucked out and no products I received this quarter had shea butter in them, including this. As I mentioned earlier, I need to get better about using lotion, so I’m excited to try this, especially because full size is affordable.
You can see from the value chart that to me, this box was worth over three times what I paid! No, it’s not some fantastic box, and no, it doesn’t introduce me to high-end products I may never otherwise try, but these are in a comfortable price range so if I love a product, I don’t have to worry about being able to afford it 😉