Apparently, somehow, I forgot to do an unboxing post! Maybe I forgot because I was caught up in the drama with their points changes, but either way, I got my box and forgot to post about it… only just learning now as I try to update my sub box page. By the way, have you seen it? If you ever want to see what subs I have and look at reviews for a particular sub, the page is very detailed! You can find it here. Here’s what we have this month!
So, the box for June was super cute- cute enough that I chose the random box vs the curated. I really wanted to try the products in the curated, but I’m a sucker for these boxes! Here’s what I got:
- Whish Vitamin K Shave Cream. This was totally lost on me because it contains shea butter. I might get some value out of it swapping but probably not. Retail value: $3.52
- Benefit Gimme Brow in Shade 5. Sample choice. I was a little sad I had to choose a brow product (I don’t often do my brows), but the color works quite well on me and I’m able to only use a tiny bit here and there to still look very natural. Retail value: $8
- Coola Classic Sunscreen Cucumber. I like getting spf products as I do my best to use the full 1/4tsp every day, but my last Coola product pilled on my face by itself. Literally, it pilled on a dry, bare face, no moisturizers or anything. I’m really unsure how I feel about this. I’ll use it, sure, but I really hope it’s better than the Sport one. Retail value: $4.48
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. Okay, so, this one is kinda funny. I don’t even know how to use it or what it’s used for. I’m curious to try, especially now that it’s summer, but I’m still a little unsure. Retail value: $5.43
- Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Face Primer. Do I need any more face primer? No. No I do not. There are some good ingredients in here, though, so I’m going to hang onto this until I need it. Retail value: $6.72
Overall, this was an okay month. Given everything going on with Birchbox and how little I seem to truly value the products, I’m pulling the plug after July’s box and quitting the sub. It’ll be sad to see it go, but it is what it is.