In every single one of those swatch posts I mention just how awful my base product collection is. It’s so huge. Nobody needs that many. And yet, here I am, getting MORE, because I can? I just want to try them all, no matter how badly they don’t work out. Today I bring you five new foundations and bb creams so that I can get reviews up (or, you know, just return them) and not have to worry about forgetting.
So let’s get onto the swatches! I’ve labeled them this time 🙂
I know that last one is hard to see (my fault for making the image so big and not also making the text big). In general it’s hard to see my neck/jar/collarbone swatches in the natural light, but you can see them a bit better with flash. On the first set, the wrist swatch, I included MAC NW10 and CG Stay Fabulous in 805, for some comparison. The five I tested, from top to bottom (and from ear-to-chin) are:
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer in Ivory to Fair 10. In what world is this ivory to fair?! Do you see how dark this is?! I will say this: I pumped too much onto this swatch, so this is a full face’s worth, and once you sheer it out it isn’t TOO bad… but this is NOT a friend of pale girls. Even Findation is confused on this one, giving MAC values of NC15-NC30.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup in Classic Ivory 10. Despite having the same number as the Enhancer, this is remarkably much lighter. It is still not the fairest in the land.
- Burt’s Bees BB Cream in Light. It’s almost funny how this is called Light when “Ivory to Fair” is so dark for Neutrogena. This is the lightest of the group and looks fairly neutral, so I’m excited to try it.
- Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox. This one came in my Soko to Tokyo set, as I really wanted to try it. It DOES look a little dark, coming in at 1Y06 on Sephora’s Color IQ, but you never know. If it doesn’t work out, it wasn’t that expensive.
- CoverGirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous in 105 Classic Ivory. Pretty sure I mislabled this as 805 and not 105. Whoops. This one has already been packed up and returned via mail by the time this posts… It’s dark and also a little orange, especially compared to the Stay Fabulous 805. It clearly is not comparable.
I’m thinking of returning both of those Neutrogena products as well. The Enhancer just looks ungodly dark and the “liquid makeup” one is quite orangey.