Like I said in an earlier post, a lot of my unboxings are kind of late. You can thank my work schedule for that. My Boxycharm got in while I was visiting my parents and grandfather, and when I got back home, I had another couple days of work. Here it is now, though!
Items looked like they were packaged well. The theme of the month was “express yourself,” and while I usually find Boxycharm to have a certain more sophisticated appeal, this theme looked a little “younger.”
Inside the box we have:
- Coastal Scents Blush and Bronzer Mini Palette (with small angled brush). The brush feels extra soft and is a good size to used for travel. The palette’s packaging does appeal to me, but there is no indication of shade names for the products in the palette, which is upsetting. I like shade names so I can look at buying singles should I want to. The blushes and bronzers themselves are nice colors, but they definitely are not all for everybody. There is a dark pink blush that is way too dark for my skin tone, and even the lighter pinky-peach shade requires a very, very light touch. Bronzers are fairly warm and also require careful use, and that middle shade (is it supposed to be a highlighter?) doesn’t do much but add a cast of slight yellow to my skin. The products are not super finely milled, so they don’t feel silky smooth, but they are still decent (I’ve had much worse from drugstore products). Swatches are below. I swatched left to right and top to bottom. Retail value: $13.95
- Pure Cosmetics Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil. I haven’t tried this one out yet, but the formula is creamy and the color is quite nice- it’s like a deep purple (top swatch below). It doesn’t really smudge easily from the hand swatch, but I have yet to use it on my lips (I don’t like trying out new products at work). Retail value $19.
- Aloepure Time Repair Serum. I was initially excited to see this in my box, but my excitement quickly evaporated when I saw that this formula contains shea butter. I will most likely give this to my sister, since I just can’t use this, and it doesn’t look like it’s selling on eBay for very much. Retail value: $48
- Dirty Little Secret Velvet Matte Lipstick. Liquid lipstick formula that is in a pretty intense red that looks like it has an orange base to it (bottom swatch in the pic above). It seems to take a while to set, and I smudged the hand swatch not long after this pic was taken. The color didn’t fully come off; I had a (light) red stain there for a few days. I haven’t tried this yet on my lips, but I will soon. Retail value: $10
- Makeup Eraser AmpliMascara. I honestly didn’t know that Makeup Eraser made actual makeup; I thought the brand just made those cloths! The before/after pics that this thing touts looks completely unreal, so I’m excited to try it, but I’m also trying to not hold my breath. I have so many mascaras to go through, so while it’ll get used, it’s more of a question of when. Retail value: $23
Overall this was an okay box. It felt like it had a lot more potential. Given that I haven’t tried many of these products, I haven’t given anything personal values, but the overall retail value comes out to be $113.95, which is close to average for this sub. Personal values for Boxycharm usually run between $40-50 for me, but just based off of how I feel right now, this seems a little lower, since the most expensive item is unusable for me.