Is it a bit late? Yep. Is it earlier than last month’s? YEP! And… is it a little lackluster? You can decide for yourself… Either way, it’s my August Beauty Box 5!
I don’t mean to imply that this is a “bad” box at all- but when you look at that picture of all the items, it just isn’t as exciting. There’s no makeup there!! The colors are kind of boring!! It’s a lot of skin and hair care!! It’s just… not something I was thrilled to unbox, which is a bit of a shame, considering how this is my last box with this sub.
I’m not disappointed in this box though, and I’ll tell you why when I go through the unboxing!
- Rave 4x Mega Hairspray with ClimaShield, Travel Size. I’m not much of a hairaverspray person, but on the days that I decide to wear a bun to work, it has to last. That cannot move through 13 hours of outside play, gym play, toy play, and oh yeah, getting punched and pulled at from every direction. And running around in general, attempting to be in four places at once. So 4x hold is appreciated- I need it. It’s also what I need when I curl my hair, since my hair absolutely refuses to hold a curl on it’s own. This is a “bonus” product (not on the info card), and who can argue with getting a bonus product that might be useful? This stuff is pretty cheap ($1.99/11 oz bottle), so this sample is valued at $0.45.
- Olive Natural Beauty Elixir, Deluxe Sample. I was pretty confused as to what this was, but it seems to be a facial elixir. It’s got some flower waters and oils and essential oils- good stuff in it. Hopefully it works well, too! The full-size is 2 oz and sells for $36, making this 1 oz sample worth $18.
- Global Beauty Care Retinol Spa Treatment Mask. Sheet masks?! Even if the packaging is a bit on the drab side, I’m still excited to use them! Only one sheet comes in the box, and each sheet is valued at $2.
- V05 Hot Oil Therapy Conditioning Treatment. For those with short, healthy hair, this may seem disappointing. For somebody with long, processed hair? This stuff is great. I’ve been meaning to do another hot oil treatment sometime soon, but just haven’t gotten around to it since I would have to go out and buy some… but I’ve used this stuff for years, and I’m very pleased to get it in my box. This half-ounce sample has a retail value of $2.59.
- Nika Exfoliating Facial Brush. Given my love for Konjac sponges and all my various manual exfoliating scrubs I’m trying, I haven’t tested this brush out yet… but this is an incredibly soft brush and the bristles seem quite dense. Not super dense, no, but enough that I believe it could really help clean pores. Exfoliate? Maybe not. But I’m still very excited to try this out. It feels like a dream just running it over my skin, dry! This full-size brush is worth $17.
- Did Hair Spa Day Hair Ties. I’m the kind of girl that buys the 25-pack of Goody hair ties… but these ones are cute and interesting, and they aren’t as tight on my wrist, making them more comfortable to keep during work. They are also pretty thick width-wise, which makes them harder for me to lose somehow (I still have all three). A typical 3-pack of these retail for $6.50.
Of course, me being me, no I would not pay full-price for many of these items, so here’s a handy dandy chart of values 🙂
So as you can see, while I find this stuff pretty boring to look at, they aren’t bad. It’s one of the lowest retail value boxes, but it’s actually the highest personal value I’ve gotten from this sub in the last 3 months. I’m still cancelling my sub, and I’ll write up a post about why I decided to cancel soon.
Let me know what you guys think about this sub in the comments below! I’d love to hear your thoughts.