Hello, all! I know recently I haven’t made many posts. When you’re picking up shifts and coaching math teams, it’s not easy to find time to create content. Today, I wanted to share a brief haul-type post from my most recent purchase.
When Twisted Wonderland Perfumery came out with their Falloween (Fall/Halloween) scents, I ordered a few samples. I don’t believe I touched base with you on this, but I ordered five samples + a sample of a duo. I loved a couple fragrances so much, I wanted to buy a larger size before the scents retired… so I did 🙂
Rae, the shop’s owner, always packages her orders up in a cute way! I think this order was packaged more towards Halloween, since I ordered it on Oct 29 🙂
Inside the bag, I did get a little packet of candy. It’s a small touch, and while I definitely don’t need any candy, small things like this make me so excited and more willing to buy from an indie company
In this order, I decided that while I was already paying for shipping, I should get a few samples of permanent fragrances. She packages these sample vials in a cute box with some washi tape over it.
The full size products I opted for were in the form of 5ml fragrance oils. These come in small bottles with a reducer top (which can be removable should you decide). FYI, the oil base of these is coconut oil (fractionated, so it’s high MCT and pure liquid). She also does EDPs- I just prefer oils 🙂
Rae also include a sample with purchases. For my first order (just samples), I got a tiny bit of a lotion in the scent Haunted (which I loved so much, I got a vial of perfume this time). This time, while I forgot to take a picture, I got a larger tub (maybe half an ounce) in “She’s a Wildflower.”
Many people are hesitant to buy indie fragrances (or indie cosmetics in general), but I have been incredibly impressed with Twisted Wonderland Perfumery and Rae.
I do plan on doing individual fragrance reviews for the oils I have (including samples), but in case you were curious, here’s a list of everything in the order.
Fragrance Oils (5ml):
- One Day At Horrorland. While I didn’t include this in my first sample pack, the sound of it sold me and I didn’t want to miss out. This will be my first reviewed TWP product. Official description: “Viewer beware, your in for a scare!”Pumpkin spice and spun sugar come together in this horrifyingly delicious treat.
- Netflix & Kill. Purchased after a sample. I’ve been enjoying this one a lot and will hopefully get a review out soon! Official description: Come on, Netflix and Chill is just over-rated these days!! A big mug of chai tea topped with a dollop of marshmallow and accompanied with a box of apple cider donuts. This screams fall!
- Haunted. First tried as a free sample in lotion form; opted for the full size because I really liked it. Official description: A peculiar combination of the scent of a fall haunted hayride with a fizzy apple soda in hand.
- Room 1408. The first time I wore this (from a sample vial) at work, a kid came up to me and said, “WOW you smell good!” Official description: “This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is Ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six!”This scent blends luscious fresh apple cider with melty vanilla ice cream drizzled with gooey caramel. A horrifyingly delicious treat!
- Curiouser and Curiouser. This is a Wonderland Original. Official description: A curious scent indeed! Delicious white zinfandel wine with soft white musk, muguet blossoms, and bergamot. This is my personal favorite scent, don’t let the notes scare you off!
- Third Times the Charm. Part of the permanent “Oh, The Horror!” collection. Official description: “Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!” This scent consisting of strong spearmint blended with sweet sugar cookies is sure to make your millennium!
- Never Sleep Again. Also from the “Oh, the Horror!” collection. Official descirption: 9, 10, Never Sleep Again” This scent is sure to keep you up at night! Delicious rich coffee splashed with vanilla bean and a dark chocolate snack on the side.
- Mad Tea Party. From the Wonderland Original collection. Official description: Okay..well just half a cup! Freshly brewed earl grey tea with just a splash of sugary vanilla milk.
- Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? Also from the Wonderland Original collection. Official description: “Have you guessed the riddle yet? the Hatter said, turning to Alice again. No, I give it up Alice replied: What’s the answer? I haven’t the slightest idea,” said the Hatter. A unisex blend consisting of top notes of mandarin and bergamot; middle notes of corainder, patchouli, licorice, and cotton candy; base notes of tonka bean, anise, and cedar (blue sugar type) which are then blended with sandalwood and vanilla bean.
I look forward to writing reviews for each one of these, plus the other samples I have.