I haven’t done these for a while because I thought it might essentially be the opposite of the whole “rehab” process… but I know many people are still curious what comes in these boxes! But, because I’m less concerned with “value” and more concerned with whether or not I’ll use products, expect my unboxings to ignore value for a while.
This month, Ipsy’s theme was “Rockstarlet.” Their bag features cosmetic “constellations” and is blue with either gold or silver for the pattern; my bag is blue. So what’s inside the bag?
- Ciate London Liquid Velvet Matte Lipstick in Diva. This is a very red lipstick. I’m not huge into red lips, but I AM trying to get comfortable with them, so this is exciting! Deluxe sample.
- Luxie Beauty Luxie Rose Gold Duo Fiber Brush 524T. This brush is smell and not very dense; I don’t think I could use this for foundation at all, but it might play nice with blush, since I don’t need much pigment at all. Full size?
- ‘Tini Beauty Eyetini Shadow in Firestarter. This is like a reddish gold (coppery?) shadow, highly shimmery. I don’t know when I’d wear a color like this, tbh. It’s pigmentation is also up for debate. With a lot of layering, I can get good pigmentation, but it mostly ends up on my finger (or brush) and won’t come off easily. Deluxe sample.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I absolutely love BTS mascara, but I really need the waterproof version to keep my eyelashes looking curled. I’ll definitely use this because I have used this version, and I know it works decently for short-term events. But this will 100% not be my main 14-hour-day mascara. Deluxe Sample
- Pur-Lisse Blue Lotus Balancing Moisturizer. So, mixed ideas on this one. I haven’t used it yet… because I’m scared. I looked up the ingredients, and it’s safe for me to use (no shea), but when I hear “balancing,” I think it’s for combo to oily skin, not for drier than the desert skin… Deluxe Sample.
Here are some swatches- on top is the Tini Beauty shadow and on bottom is the Ciate lipstick. The first picture is with the eyeshadow swatched with my finger twice; the second is after I went over it several more times… You can see it’s buildable!
But for how my swatch looks, you can see a lot of that pigment is still on my finger.
Overall, this bag feels kind of “meh” to me. That said, if you look at all the potential November products, nothing truly speaks to me anyway, besides the BH Foil Eyes mini palette… It was just a meh kind of month.