Because last week was a theme week, I didn’t do a thankful Thursday. There’s two whole weeks of gratitude to get to today, so let’s get started!!
- I am continuously grateful for my boyfriend’s commitment to not just me but my family. Over Mother’s Day weekend, he drove out to visit my parents with me. The drive takes about five hours, and he does it happily, knowing how important it is to me. He drove my dad to pick up the “motorcoach” from the shop, went to all of the family functions for my title sister, helped my mom set up her new Apple TV, and even agreed to help my parents set up their own media server. Oh, and did I mention helping out with the manual labor involved in “farm living” my parents partake in? No? He does that too. From hauling in 40 pound bags of water softener and stacking wood to loving on all of our many animals, he’s always there, waiting to help. Hardly a day goes by that I’m not amazed by this man, honestly.
- I’m so thankful my little sister is so well-rounded and happy. I wouldn’t call my childhood unhappy, not in the least, but when I look at my sweet tiny baby sister (who is… 11?!?), I’m so grateful she has had the upbringing she had. She is so well-rounded, balancing math team, soccer and other sports, violin and piano, and even having a supportive friend circle full of great girls. Sure, I didn’t raise her, but there is a wave of gratitude to my parents and life in genera that always hits me knowing that she is well-adjusted to her world, that somehow she has both escaped major trauma and had the grit and perseverance to persist past any minor traumas in her life.
- I’m thankful for my education. Kind of a catch-all for all the various aspects of my education, from the time I was in preschool until I graduated college. I’m thankful for the opportunities my education has provided me and will continue to provide.
- I’m thankful for old professors. I contacted two of them recently, asking for references for a job I’m considering applying two. Both agreed kindly. I haven’t spoken to them in a couple years, so I am thankful for that.
- I’m thankful for my coworkers. Despite some of the negative things going on recently at my job, I do have to say that I’m thankful that my coworkers still do work hard and help out.