It’s been some time since my last Thankful Thursday, and I think it’s definitely needed right now. Gratitude is a big part of my happiness, and intentional practice is necessary to keep up habit.
While definitely not all-inclusive, here’s a list of a few things I want to be intentionally thankful for.
- Flavored water and Powerade Zero. I think these made the list last time. Being sick, and hating the taste of normal water, these liter bottles have been a huge life saver in general the past month and a half. I’m drinking twice as much fluids as before, and my face and scalp are reaping the benefits.
- The opportunity to host MUR’s daily challenges. Yes, on r/makeuprehab, I’ve been hosting daily challenges for the month of June. By doing this, I’ve been able to spend more time focused on my own collection and focusing on makeup as a whole in ways that don’t require spending and over-consumption. This has made it so easy to stick to my low/no-buy that I’m on.
- My mom’s health insurance, which I am still on. I’m so incredibly grateful that not only can I get the coverage offered from my mom’s insurance but that she still pays for it. I mentioned that in the beginning of May, I got pretty sick and Urgent Care sent me to the ER, where they did CT scans, EKGs, etc. I went back to urgent care a couple days after for worsening respiratory symptoms before getting a prescription to make it easier to breathe. I was so concerned about the cost, and I just paid off two of my bills- totaling under $100 together. I still have two claims being processed, but I’m much more optimistic about my ability to pay for this illness now.
- I’m also very thankful that my insurance offers me the ability to view my claims and statuses online. Looking through them, I see that the total claims I have processing are around $2700, meaning I know that I won’t be paying more than that. I’m given info about all of my benefits- $500 deductible and 20% coinsurance for all services in-network- so I know that with all of this, my total cost will probably be under $1000. So. Grateful.
- My new (128GB!!) phone. I don’t know if I mentioned this, but after a particularly awful work week, I dropped my phone and the screen shattered (underneath the screen protector). I was so disheartened by this, and I tried to replace the screen myself. A screw became stripped, and my phone was irreparable. I found a refurbished iPhone, in the same model as my old one, for around $360, and I’m so thankful that I was able to get it that cheap. It’s even got more storage than my old phone, so now I don’t have to worry about downloading my road trip play lists!
- My October Vacation! I know I talked about this relatively recently in a life updates! I swear this is not a plug, but I’m thankful that I found CheapCarribean.com to find and book an all-inclusive resort package to take a trip to Tulum, Mexico with my Badger this October. Somehow, the exact dates I needed were pretty inexpensive, and we’re able to take this trip for just around $1100 each. While still a ways away, just having this vacation to look forward to has given me some renewed inspiration, hope, and excitement.
- A steady source of income. This may be one I include “too often,” but it’s one I really need to be intentional about. I struggle to maintain positivity at my job, but remembering how nice it is to have my own source of income that provides for all of the above is very important.
These are just some items I feel the need to be intentionally thankful for; this list definitely doesn’t encompass the things I feel gratitude for on a daily basis. I’d love for you all to join me in intentional gratitude!