Every once in a while, I get this overwhelming urge to curate my own beauty box. Having many subscriptions for a while, I tend to feel a little bored or underwhelmed by products chosen, especially when they claim to fit a certain theme. While I understand why certain products appear in beauty subscriptions (hello, marketing!), I also believe that there are enough products out there that you could, theoretically, curate much more in-sync boxes. Thus, I want to try a new type of beauty challenge, where I curate my own beauty boxes.
Today is the first one, inspired by some relatively lackluster summer boxes lately.
Theme: Summer Essentials
Product Types: Korean, mostly full-size
Number of Products: At least 4-5+
Budget: $50, including shipping
- A’pieu Pure Block Aqua Sun Gel. Full size; $4.96. What kind of summer essential box doesn’t include sunscreen? This is a 50ml tube of a sunscreen, SPF 50+ and PA+++, which essentially means it’s going to block quite a lot of both UVA and UVB rays, protecting your face from getting burned and from the rays that can accelerate fine lines and wrinkles. According to some review, this is a very affordable sunscreen that mimics the more expensive Biore Watery Essence, which is a “cult favorite” over on the AsianBeauty subreddit. Sunscreen should be a priority for everybody, and finding an effective yet inexpensive formula helps you want to make it a priority.
- Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel Mist. Full size; $3.75. While the point of sunscreen is to avoid burns and sun damage, sometimes burns happen. In the summer, not only is your skin more susceptible to burns, but you’re out in the heat, drying your skin out. This aloe vera gel-mist is perfect to soothe dry or burnt skin, having a slight cooling effect as well.
- Innisfree Glow Tint Lip Balm. Full size; $5.09. When I think of summer makeup, I think of light, natural, glowing looks that are easy to keep up while outside. A tinted lip balm is perfect for this! I chose this specific formula because it is shea-free but has many oil wonderful oils to help your lips stay hydrated and look healthy. The Innisfree Glow comes in several different shades (my summer picks would be Camellia for cooler tones and Garden Balsam for warmer skin tones).
- Holika Holika Magic Pole Mascara No.03 (Volume + Curl Waterproof). Full size; $6.58. Summer days at the beach or pool practically require a good waterproof mascara!
- Holika Holika Face Conditioner Long Lasting Makeup Fixer. Full size; $7.43. We need and want our makeup to last throughout the day no matter what, but especially when we’re out at parties or doing, well, anything that takes time, be it traveling or just relaxing!
- Clio Gelpresso Waterproof Shadow. Full size; $7.21. In my opinion, no beauty/makeup box is complete without at least one true color product. While intricate powder eyeshadows are easily washed away, this cream shadow stick sets into a budge-proof look perfect for a quick, easy, beautiful look. I would most likely include the shade “Hot in Here,” as it’s a perfect name for summer!
Factoring into the cost of shipping, this box would “cost” about $44.84 from RoseRoseShop. Source on Amazon, these would cost about $64.31 without the makeup fixer, and many items are not prime! Just thought it would be fun to curate a box through RRS (and… I may or may not be thinking about purchasing many of these).