Hello, and welcome back!
- Blinc Electric Eyes Palette. I love that BoxyCharm has been sending full-size shadows and palettes out lately, and I love that this isn’t the typical neutrals. While I disagree on the “jewel tone” claim from the info card, these five shades are quite pigmented and beautiful, and I think they fit the pie theme very nicely. My only complaint is that, on me, even that beautiful magenta pulls incredibly warm (literally red). Other than that though, I’m very excited to “earn” it to actually use. Full size. Retail value: $45.
- BareMinerals Invisible Light Translucent Duo.
This is supposedly a “combination of setting powder and finishing powder,” but honestly when I swatch them, they both appear more like subtle highlights. There are too sides: a “matte” side and a “glow” side. The “glow” side had a shimmer to it, but the matte is a pressed white powder that does, when swatched, give a slight white cast. I’m also excited to “earn” this to fully review, as I’ve had my eye on it for a while. Full size. Retail value: $32.
- WinkyLux Uni-Brow Universal Brow Pencil. This “pencil” reminds me of the Benefit Goof Proof or the ABH Brow Definer. I’m a bit nervous about the color, and as I swatched it, I found it feeling very stiff. However, as I’ve been saying today, it’ll be fun to try! I usually stick to powder or a gel for my brows, so this will be new. Full size. Retail value: $12.
- ColourPop x Hello Kitty Ultra-Satin Lip in Lock Diary. I’ll be honest. I strongly considered buying this when it first came out, but I couldn’t justify buying only one thing. This was a “random” color from a few CP lipsticks, and I’m so happy I got this one! It’s more pinky than red, but I still think it fits with this concept of cherry pie. It’s in my behavior mod reward system now and I’m so excited to see it on my lips! Full size. Retail value: $6.
- Project Beauty Spray. Set. Go. Makeup Setting Spray. Out of all the products, this is one I’m least excited about as it’s basically just… setting spray? Don’t get me wrong; setting spray is am important part of my routine. However, I’m not as intrigued by this as I’ve never heard anything about it. I’ll try it when I am in need (and I will be in need), but honestly, I’m not dying to try. Full size. Retail value: $32.
Overall: Overall, I think the color products match the theme “Cutie Pie” quite well, and I am pleased with the box. The full retail value comes to $124, and while I don’t think I will ever pay full price for most items in this box, I am very excited to try them out, especially for the price of a box (under $20!).